As a search executive you would be responsible for the day-to-day support of Account Managers in the operational delivery of a Search and Display campaigns on large accounts as well as the full account management of smaller accounts under the guidance of Account Managers and Directors. Working along-side Account Managers your role would be to ensure client objectives are understood, service levels remain high, and client expectations are met.
The role requires a basic understanding of Search and Display principles, how the markets operate, plus an advanced analytic aptitude. It requires an ability to be highly motivated, numerate and articulate, both when speaking to clients, writing documents and analysing results.
You should be aware of how other media can influence Search and Display, the relative strength of the impact from different media and the desire to learn how Search and Display fit into the wider media mix.
Operational Skills & Requirements:
- Have the ability to create bespoke keyword lists and write targeted creative using best practice techniques.
- Be responsible for trafficking keywords and creative in ad servers.
- Be responsible for implementing campaigns into Search and Display engines.
- Work with an Account Manager to identify new opportunities for campaigns.
- Take ownership of small accounts to demonstrate an understanding of how a Search and Display account/campaign evolves over time.
- Be responsible for accurate daily, weekly and monthly reporting and commentary.
- Assist in the creation of monthly client reviews - providing insights on campaign performance.
- Demonstrate confidence and clarity in communicating with the team, clients and media owners
- Maintain strong working relationships with other relevant departments
- Have a basic understanding of the role of Paid Search and Display, SEO & Display in the digital mix.
- Demonstrate a high competency of using Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Be administratively competent
- Take your career management seriously, preparing for performance reviews and attending training planned for you.
- Continue on the job training and workshops and internal/external training sessions
- Develop knowledge and understanding of other departments/services
- Identify new initiatives and opportunities on client accounts, for example, by testing landing pages, utilising Display and remarketing.
- Improve knowledge of client business to ensure greater appreciation of Search and Display delivery in the overall mix
- Keep abreast of any developments in the Search and Display market
- Gain and develop experience in other media, such as SEO, Display, YouTube etc